• Missoula guitarist and singer-songwriter John Floridis performs a benefit concert for Neighbors In Need, 4 p.m., Whitefish United Methodist Church, 1150 Wisconsin Ave. Free will offering accepted.
• FVCC’s Art Club annual Holiday Art sale 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. today through Wednesday on the second floor of the Art and Technology building. Proceeds from the sale will benefit the activities of the club. For more information call David Regan 406-756-3993.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Summit, Kalispell. $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 751-4500.
• Red Cross blood drive, 1-6 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Pleasant Valley School Board regular School Board meeting, 4:45 p.m.
• Susan Purvis presents a program, 7 p.m., Whitefish Community Library.
• Red Cross blood drive, noon to 5 p.m., Bethany Lutheran Church, Bigfork.
• FVCC Art Department hosts student show opening, 4 p.m., Arts and Technology building. Free and open to the public, Light refreshments. For more information call David Regan 406-756-3993.
• Flathead Lakers and Soil and Water Conservation Districts invite Ashley Creek landowners to share concerns about water quality in creek and how to improve it, 6-7:30 p.m. Smiths Valley Grange Hall, 2856 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Call Constanza, Flathead Lakers, 406-883-1341.
• Community Forward presents “Rangers, Trappers and Trailblazers” 6 p.m. at Flathead Valley Community College Library. Presentation includes a trivia contest, stories and a book signing.
• Friendship Force of the Flathead socializing breakfast 9 a.m., Sykes, Kalispell. For more information call Priscilla 406-756-9332.
• ImagineIF Libraries Board of Trustees board meeting 9:30 a.m., at 525 Electric Ave, Bigfork. For more information call Connie, 406-758-5824.
• Red Cross blood drives: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Black Mountain Software, blood mobile; 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saint John Paul II Church, Bigfork. Sponsored by Knights of Columbus.
• History Book Club meeting and discussion of “News of the World” by Paulette Jiles, book available through library system, 2 p.m., Museum at Central School. For more information call Diane 406-752-0502.
• Kalispell Public Schools Personnel Committee meeting, 3 p.m., District Office Basement.
• Flathead Marines USMC happy hour 5:00p.m. to 7p.m. at Kalispell VFW, 330 First Ave. West. Cash bar. Spouses are welcome. Call 406-249-2448.
• Kalispell Public Schools Special Education Committee Meeting 8:30 a.m., at the District Office Special Education Office.
• Cholesterol screening and education, 7-10 a.m., The Summit, Kalispell. Includes triglycerides, glucose, cholesterol, HDL and LDL. Walk-in clinic; no preregistration required. Fast 8-12 hours prior and drink plenty of water. Cost $35; $31.50 for seniors. Call Kathy Prim, 751-4500.
• Home Options Hospice presentation on grief during the holidays 2-3:30 p.m. Free to the public. Home Options,275 Corporate Drive, Suite 600. For more information and to RSVP call 406-751-4254.
• Anime Club for teens in grades six to 12 meets 4-5:30 p.m., ImagineIF Library, Kalispell. Showing: “Snow White with the Red Hair.”
• Evergreen Chamber of Commerce annual holiday gala, Red Lion Hotel Kalispell. Social hour and silent auction 5 p.m. Dinner 6:30 p.m.
• Red Cross blood drive, noon to 5 p.m. Fuel Fitness, Kalispell; blood mobile.
• Kalispell Public Schools finance and operations Committee Meeting 7 a.m. at District Office Basement Meeting Room.
• Red Cross blood drives, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cold Stone and First Interstate Bank, blood mobile.
• Night of Lights, Columbia Falls. Crafts fair 4 p.m. Parade 6 p.m. Santa and live music follows at the Coop.
“When we cannot find contentment in ourselves it is useless to seek it elsewhere.” — Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French author (1613-1680).
• Kalispell Holiday Art Walk, 5-9 p.m., downtown. Annual Community Christmas Tree Lighting and caroling at 6 p.m., Depot Park.
• Whitefish Christmas Stroll, 5-9 p.m., Central Avenue. Shopping spree, fire dancers, entertainment, food. Santa arrives 6-6:30 p.m. at O’Shaughnessy Center.
A look ahead
• Rotary Club of Columbia Falls annual Brunch with Santa, 9:30 a.m. to noon, Dec. 8, Timber Creek Village, 375 Meadow Lake Drive. Cost $10 per adult; children 12 and under free with paid adult. Tickets at door or call Doug, 406-407-2445.
• Woodland Montessori School Foundation’s Breakfast with Santa, 9 a.m. to noon, Dec. 8, Flathead County Fairgrounds Expo Building. Tickets $12 at the door, includes breakfast, photo with Santa, and more.
• Yellow Bay Community Club’s holiday fair 11:00a.m. to 3p.m. Dec. 8, Yellow Bay Clubhouse, Montana 35 at mile marker 18. There will be Christmas decor, crafts, a bake sale and more. Lunch will be available for $5
• Sensory Santa event, 2-5 p.m. Dec. 8, Gateway Community Center, 1203 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Quiet celebration of the season with activities and treats for sensitive children. Reserve your family time at mtpluk.org. Call Cindy, 406-407-4392.
• Annual City of the North Parade, 5 p.m. Dec. 8, Main Street, Kalispell.
• Ranger “Winter Survivalist” talk, 5-6 p.m. Dec. 8, Lone Pine State Park Visitor Center, Kalispell. Cost $6 for 13 and over; free for 12 and under. Register on Eventbrite.
• Valley Voices Community Choir “Celebrate the Season” concert, 7 p.m. Dec. 8, Glacier High School auditorium; 7 p.m. Dec. 9, Risen Christ Catholic Church, Kalispell. Free. All invited.
• Red Cross blood drive, 1-6 p.m. Dec. 10, at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Dec. 10.
• Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group trolley ride and holiday dinner, 5:15-8 p.m. Dec. 10. Trolley ride $5, dinner $10, per person. RSVP to Jennifer, 756-4725 or 253-3336.
• Flathead Conservation District 310 Stream Permit meeting 7 p.m. Dec. 10, 133 Interstate Lane, in Evergreen. Call 752-4220.
• Kalispell Public Schools regular school board meeting 6p.m. Dec. 11, Kalispell Middle School Library and Media Room.
• Suicide Support Group, Surviving Our Loss after Suicide, (SOLAS) meets 7-8:30 p.m. Dec. 11, The Summit, Kalispell. Call Joan, 871-1008.
• Columbia Falls Women’s Connection’s Christmas Tea and program 11:30 a.m. Dec. 12, North Valley Hospital Community Room. Cost is $8 and includes special music and all women are invited to attend. For reservations and more information call Candy 406-387-4119.
• Alzheimer’s Association Montana presents a free educational program titled “Effective Communication Strategies,” noon to 1:30 p.m. Dec. 12, Northridge Lutheran Church, 323 Northridge Drive, Kalispell. RSVPs required. Call 800-272-3900.
• Women of the Moose monthly meal, 5-7 p.m. Dec. 12, Whitefish Moose Lodge, 230 W. 10th St. Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, salads, vegetables, dessert. Call Carol, 260-8493.
• Flathead Valley Community Band and New Horizons band present a Christmas Spectacular concert, 7:30 p.m., Dec. 12, Red Lion Hotel Ballroom, Kalispell. Free will donation. Public invited.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11 a.m. Dec. 13, Evergreen board room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• Home Options Hospice presentation on grief during the holidays 5-6:30 p.m. Dec. 13, Kalispell Regional Medical Center in the Paintbrush Room. Free to the public. RSVP to 751-4254.
• Mission Mountain Audubon meets 7 p.m. Dec. 13, Polson City Library meeting room. Program is “Prairie Bandits: The Story of Montana’s Black-footed Ferrets” by John Ashley. Free. All welcome.
• Kalispell Public Schools Board Governance Committee meeting 10:00a.m. Dec. 14, District Superintendents Office.
• Kalispell Vet Center annual Open House, noon to 3 p.m. Dec. 14, 690 N Meridian Rd., Suite 101, Kalispell. Nonperishable food items will be collected and donated to the Northwest Montana Veterans Food Pantry.
Smith Valley Fire District holiday pancake breakfast with Santa, 8-11 a.m. Dec. 16, Smith Valley Fire Station, 3496 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Meet staff and responders. Take tours.
• Plant-Wise Flathead annual Christmas Potluck, 5-7 p.m. Dec. 16. Northridge Lutheran Church, 323 Northridge Drive, Kalispell. Call Diana at 406-253-0498.
• Fair-Mont-Egan School board Policy meeting 1 p.m. Dec. 17; followed by a regular board meeting at 6 p.m.
• Dementia and Alzheimer’s Support Group meets 3-4:30 p.m. Dec. 17, Billiards Room, Buffalo Hill Terrace, 40 Claremont St., Kalispell. Sponsored by Immanuel Lutheran Communities. Call Laura Normandy, 752-9612, ext. 1351.
• Kalispell Public Schools Curriculum and Instruction Committee Meeting 3-4 p.m. Dec. 18, District Office - Assistant Superintendent’s office
• Kalispell Public Schools Policy and Communications Committee meeting and Information and Technology Committee meeting, both at 8:30 a.m. Dec. 20. Policy and Communications meeting at the District Superintendent’s Office. Information and technology meeting at District IT Office.
• Teen social for grades 6-12, 4-5:30 p.m. Dec. 20, ImagineIF Library, Kalispell. Food, Wii gaming. Craft is using metal stamps to create hardware jewelry. Free.
• Kalispell Public Schools Finance and Operations Committee meeting 7:00a.m., Dec. 21. District Office basement meeting room.
• Parade of Lights, 5:30 p.m. Dec. 21, Main Street, Ronan.
• Free Night at the Museum, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 27, Miracle of American Museum, 36094 Memory Lane, Polson. “Heading Home for the Holidays” filmed in Glacier Park and Browning with Amy Grant and Jimmy Stewart’s “Mr. Krueger’s Christmas” will be shown. Treats and donations welcome. Call Gil, 883-6804 or 270-7895.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Jan. 14.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. Jan. 17, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Feb. 11.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. Feb. 14, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. March 11.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. March 21, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. April 8.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. April 18, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. May 13.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. May 16, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. June 10.