• Flathead Composite Squadron Civil Air Patrol hosts Stuff the Bus, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Shopko, Kalispell. Donate unwrapped Christmas gifts for Salvation Army Angel Tree Program.
• Breakfast with Santa, 9 a.m. to noon, Whitefish Moose Lodge, 230 10th St W. Kids eat free.
• Rotary Club of Columbia Falls annual Brunch with Santa, 9:30 a.m. to noon, Timber Creek Village, 375 Meadow Lake Drive. Cost $10 per adult; children 12 and under free with paid adult. Tickets at door or call Doug, 406-407-2445.
• Woodland Montessori School Foundation’s Breakfast with Santa, 9 a.m. to noon, Flathead County Fairgrounds Expo Building. Tickets $12 at the door, includes breakfast, photo with Santa, and more.
• Purpose Church (formerly Baptist Church) annual bazaar and luncheon, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 305 West Wyoming, Kalispell. Lunch served at 11 a.m. featuring Jagz Creamy Cheddar Chunky Chicken Chowder, roll, dessert, coffee or tea for $8. All proceeds go to local outreach.
• Holiday sale to benefit Bigfork students’ spring trip, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Bigfork Elementary Cafeteria. Students will be selling Christmas gifts and holiday decor. Free hot cocoa and cookies. Call Debbie, 885-7714.
• Yellow Bay Community Club’s holiday fair, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Yellow Bay Clubhouse, Montana 35 at mile marker 18. Christmas decor, crafts, a bake sale and more. Lunch will be available for $5.
• South Flathead Modular Railroad group hosts a model train operating session, noon to 3 p.m. Gateway Community Center, 1203 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Use north entrance C. Public welcome.
• Sensory Santa event, 2-5 p.m., Gateway Community Center, 1203 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Quiet celebration of the season with activities and treats for sensitive children. Reserve your family time at mtpluk.org. Call Cindy, 406-407-4392.
• Annual City of the North Parade, 5 p.m., Main Street, Kalispell. Parking prohibited on east side of Main Street beginning 4 p.m. until parade’s conclusion.
• Ranger “Winter Survivalist” talk, 5-6 p.m., Lone Pine State Park Visitor Center, Kalispell. Cost $6 for 13 and over; free for 12 and under. Register on Eventbrite.
• Valley Voices Community Choir “Celebrate the Season” concert, 7 p.m. Saturday; Glacier High School auditorium; 3 p.m. Sunday, Risen Christ Catholic Church, Kalispell. Free. All invited.
• Bring your children to the Conrad Mansion from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to get pictures taken with Santa and enjoy cookies and hot cocoa. Suggested donation of $5 per child.
• Valley Voices Community Choir “Celebrate the Season” concert, Glacier High School auditorium; 3 p.m., Risen Christ Catholic Church, Kalispell. Free. All invited.
• Flathead Valley Jazz Society Christmas Ball, 5 to 8 p.m., Eagles Club Ballroom, Kalispell. Music by Don Lawrence Orchestra. Tickets $8 per person or $10 per couple at the door. Call Karla West at 406-253-3157.
• Daughters of the American Revolution, Chief Ignace Chapter Christmas meeting and potluck, noon to 3 p.m., home of Carol White, Kalispell. Call 755-6781 for directions. Bring nonperishable food for veterans pantry.
• Red Cross blood drive, 1-6 p.m., at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Swan River School board meets at 4 p.m.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m.
• Lincoln County CASA for Kids informational meeting, 5:30 p.m., Room 117 of Lincoln County campus of FVCC, 225 Commerce Way, Libby. Learn more about how to become an advocate or a child in foster care. Refreshments.
• Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group trolley ride and holiday dinner, 5:15-8 p.m. Trolley ride $5, dinner $10, per person. RSVP to Jennifer, 756-4725 or 253-3336.
• Annual meetings for Fish, Wildlife and Parks conservation easements: for Trumbull Creek, 4:30-5:30 p.m.; for Haskill Creek, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Whitefish City Council Chambers, 418 E. Second St.
• Montana Land and Water Alliance sponsors a public meeting on People’s Compact/Mending Fences Act, 6 p.m., Sykes Restaurant downstairs. Free. Open to public.
“The unknown is what it is. And to be frightened of it is what sends everybody scurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, all that. Unknown is what it is. Accept that it’s unknown and it’s plain sailing.” — John Lennon (1940-1980).
• Columbia Falls School board meets at 6 p.m.
• Somers School District board meets 6 p.m., Lakeside Elementary School.
• Marion School board meets 6:30 p.m.
• Flathead Conservation District 310 Stream Permit meeting 7 p.m., 133 Interstate Lane, in Evergreen. Call 752-4220.
• Elke Duerr, author and videographer, presents a short film, book signing and storytelling, 7 p.m., Whitefish Community Library. Public invited. Call 862-9914.
• Kalispell Women’s Connection holiday tea party, 11:30 a.m., meeting room of Victory Baptist Church, 1830 Montana 35. Speaker is Susan Stapley. Cost $8 per person. Call Jan, 857-2467, or Rosainne, 257-8098 for lunch and free child care reservations. Donations for Flathead Food Bank accepted. Affiliated with Stonecroft Ministries.
• Fall student research conference, Arts and Technology Building, FVCC. Posters exhibit 1-2 p.m. Student presentations 2-4 p.m. Free. Open to public. Call Christina Relyea, 756-3946.
• Kalispell Public Schools regular school board meeting 6 p.m., Kalispell Middle School Library and Media Room.
• Smith Valley School board meets 6 p.m.
• Kila School board meets 6 p.m.
• Somers Rural Fire District board meets 6 p.m., Lakeside Fire Station, 125 Bills Road.
• Deer Park School board meets at 6:30 p.m.
• Helena Flats School board meets at 7 p.m.
• Suicide Support Group, Surviving Our Loss after Suicide, (SOLAS) meets 7-8:30 p.m., The Summit, Kalispell. Call Joan, 871-1008.
• Northwest Montana Nature Photographers meet 7 p.m. United Way conference room, Gateway Community Center, 1203 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Mile Cronin present historic photos of the Ledo-Burma Road. Public invited.
• West Valley Rural Fire District trustees meet at 7:30 p.m., West Valley Fire Station on Farm to Market Road.
• Red Cross blood drive, 10 a.m. to 3:15 p.m., Flathead Electric, Kalispell.
• Columbia Falls Women’s Connection’s Christmas Tea and program 11:30 a.m., North Valley Hospital Community Room. Cost is $8 and includes special music and all women are invited to attend. For reservations and more information call Candy 406-387-4119.
• Alzheimer’s Association Montana presents a free educational program titled “Effective Communication Strategies,” noon to 1:30 p.m., Northridge Lutheran Church, 323 Northridge Drive, Kalispell. RSVPs required. Call 800-272-3900.
• Parkinson’s disease support group annual Christmas party and potluck, noon to 4 p.m., Village Greens Community Center, 195 Nicklaus Ave., Kalispell. Turkey and ham provided. Bring something to put in bags for the homeless. All welcome. Call Lois, 871-3767.
• Flathead City-County Board of Health meets 1 p.m., administration office, Earl Bennett Building, 1035 First Ave. E., Kalispell.
• Women of the Moose monthly meal, 5-7 p.m., Whitefish Moose Lodge, 230 W. 10th St. Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, salads, vegetables, dessert. Call Carol, 260-8493.
• Evergreen School board meets 6:30 p.m.
• Bigfork County Water and Sewer District meets at 7 p.m., district office, 108 Harbor Heights Blvd.
• Flathead Valley Community Band and New Horizons band present a Christmas Spectacular concert, 7:30 p.m., Red Lion Hotel Ballroom, Kalispell. Free will donation. Public invited.
• Creston School board meets 7 a.m.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11 a.m., Evergreen board room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• Red Cross blood drive, noon to 5 p.m., Applied Materials.
• Transit Planning meeting 4-6 p.m., South Campus conference room, 40 11th St. W. Kalispell. Public invited. Call 758-2426.
• Home Options Hospice presentation on grief during the holidays 5-6:30 p.m., Kalispell Regional Medical Center in the Paintbrush Room. Free to the public. RSVP to 751-4254.
• Flathead-Kootenai Chapter holiday party, 6-8 p.m. Tailing Loop Winery, Kalispell. Senior conservation advisor John Gatchell will speak. Bring a non-perishable food items for North Valley Food Bank.
• Mission Mountain Audubon meets 7 p.m., Polson City Library meeting room. Program is “Prairie Bandits: The Story of Montana’s Black-footed Ferrets” by John Ashley. Free. All welcome.
• Kalispell Public Schools Board Governance Committee meeting 10 a.m., District Superintendents Office.
• Red Cross blood drives: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 11:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Gateway Community Center.
• Kalispell Vet Center annual Open House, noon to 3 p.m., 690 N Meridian Rd., Suite 101, Kalispell. Nonperishable food items will be collected and donated to the Northwest Montana Veterans Food Pantry.
A look ahead
• Kalispell Civil Air Patrol and United Veterans of Flathead Valley annual Wreaths Across America ceremony, 10 a.m. Dec. 15, Depot Park, Kalispell. Guest speaker is John Hendricks of KGEZ Radio. Public welcome.
• “Winter Survival Basics” talk, 4-5:30 p.m. Dec. 15, Lone Pine State Park, Kalispell. Be prepared to be in the snow. Free for 12 and under; $6 for 13 and older. Register on Eventbrite.
• Kalispell Civil Air Patrol lays wreaths at 9 a.m. Dec. 16, Glacier Memorial Gardens, then at C.E. Conrad Memorial Cemetery and Woodlawn Cemetery, Columbia Falls. Public welcome to assist.
• Smith Valley Fire District holiday pancake breakfast with Santa, 8-11 a.m. Dec. 16, Smith Valley Fire Station, 3496 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Meet staff and responders. Take tours.
• Plant-Wise Flathead annual Christmas Potluck, 5-7 p.m. Dec. 16. Northridge Lutheran Church, 323 Northridge Drive, Kalispell. Call Diana at 406-253-0498.
• Red Cross blood drives Dec. 17: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Whitefish High School; 1-6 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Fair-Mont-Egan School board Policy meeting 1 p.m. Dec. 17; followed by a regular board meeting at 6 p.m.
• Dementia and Alzheimer’s Support Group meets 3-4:30 p.m. Dec. 17, Billiards Room, Buffalo Hill Terrace, 40 Claremont St., Kalispell. Sponsored by Immanuel Lutheran Communities. Call Laura Normandy, 752-9612, ext. 1351.
• Red Cross blood drives Dec. 18: noon to 5 p.m. Eureka Baptist Church; noon to 4:15 p.m. Lakeside QRU.
• Medicare 101 class, 1-3 p.m. Dec. 18, Flathead County South Campus, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Representatives guide through health insurance basics. Cost is $10. Call 758-5730.
• Kalispell Public Schools Curriculum and Instruction Committee Meeting 3-4 p.m. Dec. 18, District Office - Assistant Superintendent’s office.
• Red Cross blood drives Dec. 19: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Whitefish Credit Union, Kalispell; noon to 5 p.m. Troy Baptist Church.
• Dances of Universal Peace, 7-8:30 p.m. Dec. 19, Shining Mountain Center for Spiritual Living, 475 Eighth Ave. EN, Kalispell, Call Red Star, 871-4783 or Carla, 257-2949.
• Kalispell Public Schools Policy and Communications Committee meeting and Information and Technology Committee meeting, both at 8:30 a.m. Dec. 20. Policy and Communications meeting at the District Superintendent’s Office. Information and technology meeting at District IT Office.
• Red Cross blood drive, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Dec. 20, Libby VFW.
• Teen social for grades 6-12, 4-5:30 p.m. Dec. 20, ImagineIF Library, Kalispell. Food, Wii gaming. Craft is using metal stamps to create hardware jewelry. Free.
• Kalispell Public Schools Finance and Operations Committee meeting 7 a.m., Dec. 21. District Office basement meeting room.
• Red Cross blood drives Dec. 21: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Glacier Bank, Main Street.
• Parade of Lights, 5:30 p.m. Dec. 21, Main Street, Ronan. Santa will be at Ronan Flower Mill during Holiday Treasures drawing.
• Red Cross blood drive, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 24 at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Red Cross blood drives Dec. 26: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 12:30-4:30 p.m. Spring Hill Suites.
• Red Cross blood drive, 10:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Dec. 27, Moose Lodge.
• Free Night at the Museum, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 27, Miracle of American Museum, 36094 Memory Lane, Polson. “Heading Home for the Holidays” filmed in Glacier Park and Browning with Amy Grant and Jimmy Stewart’s “Mr. Krueger’s Christmas” will be shown. Treats and donations welcome. Call Gil, 883-6804 or 270-7895.
• Red Cross blood drive, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 28, Flathead County Health Department.
• Red Cross blood drive, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 31, at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• 25th annual Polar Bear Plunge, Jan. 1, The Raven, Woods Bay, Flathead Lake. Registration begins 10 a.m. Parade begins 1:45 p.m. Plunge 2 p.m.
West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Jan. 14.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. Jan. 17, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Feb. 11.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. Feb. 14, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. March 11.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. March 21, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. April 8.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. April 18, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. May 13.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. May 16, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. June 10.