• Red Cross blood drive, 10 a.m. to 3:15 p.m., Flathead Electric, Kalispell.
• Columbia Falls Women’s Connection’s Christmas Tea and program 11:30 a.m., North Valley Hospital Community Room. Cost is $8 and includes special music and all women are invited to attend. For reservations and more information call Candy 406-387-4119.
• Alzheimer’s Association Montana presents a free educational program titled “Effective Communication Strategies,” noon to 1:30 p.m., Northridge Lutheran Church, 323 Northridge Drive, Kalispell. RSVPs required. Call 800-272-3900.
• Parkinson’s disease support group annual Christmas party and potluck, noon to 4 p.m., Village Greens Community Center, 195 Nicklaus Ave., Kalispell. Turkey and ham provided. Bring something to put in bags for the homeless. All welcome. Call Lois, 871-3767.
• Flathead City-County Board of Health meets 1 p.m., administration office, Earl Bennett Building, 1035 First Ave. E., Kalispell.
• Women of the Moose monthly meal, 5-7 p.m., Whitefish Moose Lodge, 230 W. 10th St. Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, salads, vegetables, dessert. Call Carol, 260-8493.
• Flathead Wildlife’s annual game feed for members, all youth and general public, 6 p.m. Fish, Wildlife and Parks headquarters, Kalispell. Denny Olson presents a program on the courting behavior of the deer family. Boone & Crockett scorer for trophies and prizes.
• Evergreen School board meets 6:30 p.m.
• Bigfork County Water and Sewer District meets at 7 p.m., district office, 108 Harbor Heights Blvd.
• Flathead Valley Community Band and New Horizons band present a Christmas Spectacular concert, 7:30 p.m., Red Lion Hotel Ballroom, Kalispell. Free will donation. Public invited.
• Creston School board meets 7 a.m.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11 a.m., Evergreen board room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• Red Cross blood drive, noon to 5 p.m., Applied Materials.
• Transit Planning meeting 4-6 p.m., South Campus conference room, 40 11th St. W. Kalispell. Public invited. Call 758-2426.
• Home Options Hospice presentation on grief during the holidays 5-6:30 p.m., Kalispell Regional Medical Center in the Paintbrush Room. Free to the public. RSVP to 751-4254.
• Flathead-Kootenai Chapter holiday party, 6-8 p.m. Tailing Loop Winery, Kalispell. Senior conservation advisor John Gatchell will speak. Bring a non-perishable food items for North Valley Food Bank.
• Mission Mountain Audubon meets 7 p.m., Polson City Library meeting room. Program is “Prairie Bandits: The Story of Montana’s Black-footed Ferrets” by John Ashley. Free. All welcome.
• Kalispell Public Schools Board Governance Committee meeting 10 a.m., District Superintendents Office.
• Red Cross blood drives: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 11:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Gateway Community Center.
• Kalispell Vet Center annual open house, noon to 3 p.m., 690 N Meridian Road., Suite 101, Kalispell. Public invited. Nonperishable food items will be collected and donated to the Northwest Montana Veterans Food Pantry.
• Glacier Pachyderm Club meets noon to 1 p.m., Sykes, Kalispell. Sen Keith Regier discusses upcoming legislative session; www.gcpachy.org
• Somers Company Town Museum caroling party, 6:30 p.m., at the museum. Christmas cookies, hot chocolate, children’s craft and Santa. Free. Open to public.
• Kalispell Civil Air Patrol and United Veterans of Flathead Valley annual Wreaths Across America ceremony, 10 a.m., Depot Park, Kalispell. Guest speaker is John Hendricks of KGEZ Radio.
• Wreaths Across America celebration 10 a.m. Montana Veterans Home, Columbia Falls. Air Force Col. Beverly Schneider speaks about women in military. Music by Columbia Falls High School Choir. Reception follows. Public invited to ceremony and then to help lay wreaths at cemetery at 10:45 a.m.
• “Winter Survival Basics” talk, 4-5:30 p.m., Lone Pine State Park, Kalispell. Be prepared to be in snow. Free for 12 and under; $6 for 13 and up. Register on Eventbrite.
“To escape criticism — do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.” — Elbert Hubbard, American author and publisher (1856-1915).
• Kalispell Civil Air Patrol lays wreaths at 9 a.m., Glacier Memorial Gardens, then at C.E. Conrad Memorial Cemetery and Woodlawn Cemetery, Columbia Falls. Public welcome to assist.
• Smith Valley Fire District holiday pancake breakfast with Santa, 8-11 a.m., Smith Valley Fire Station, 3496 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Meet staff and responders. Take tours.
• Plant-Wise Flathead annual Christmas Potluck, 5-7 p.m.. Northridge Lutheran Church, 323 Northridge Drive, Kalispell. Call Diana at 406-253-0498.
• Red Cross blood drives: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Whitefish High School; 1-6 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Fair-Mont-Egan School board Policy meeting 1 p.m.; followed by a regular board meeting at 6 p.m.
• Dementia and Alzheimer’s Support Group meets 3-4:30 p.m., Billiards Room, Buffalo Hill Terrace, 40 Claremont St., Kalispell. Sponsored by Immanuel Lutheran Communities. Call Laura Normandy, 752-9612, ext. 1351.
• Red Cross blood drives: noon to 5 p.m. Eureka Baptist Church; noon to 4:15 p.m. Lakeside QRU.
• Medicare 101 class, 1-3 p.m., Flathead County South Campus, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Representatives guide through health insurance basics. Cost is $10. Call 758-5730.
• Kalispell Public Schools Curriculum and Instruction Committee Meeting 3-4 p.m., District Office - Assistant Superintendent’s office.
• Mission Valley Rises: Democracy Engaged invites the public to a community forum with state legislators, 6-8 p.m., Ronan Community Center, 300 Third Ave. NW. Drinks, snacks. Call 406-549-3001.
A look ahead
• Red Cross blood drives Dec. 19: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Whitefish Credit Union, Kalispell; noon to 5 p.m. Troy Baptist Church.
• Dances of Universal Peace, 7-8:30 p.m. Dec. 19, Shining Mountain Center for Spiritual Living, 475 Eighth Ave. EN, Kalispell, Call Red Star, 871-4783 or Carla, 257-2949.
• Kalispell Public Schools Policy and Communications Committee meeting and Information and Technology Committee meeting, both at 8:30 a.m. Dec. 20. Policy and Communications meeting at the District Superintendent’s Office. Information and technology meeting at District IT Office.
• Red Cross blood drive, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Dec. 20, Libby VFW.
• Teen social for grades 6-12, 4-5:30 p.m. Dec. 20, ImagineIF Library, Kalispell. Food, Wii gaming. Craft is using metal stamps to create hardware jewelry. Free.
• Kalispell Public Schools Finance and Operations Committee meeting 7 a.m., Dec. 21. District Office basement meeting room.
• Red Cross blood drives Dec. 21: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Glacier Bank, Main Street.
• Parade of Lights, 5:30 p.m. Dec. 21, Main Street, Ronan. Santa will be at Ronan Flower Mill during Holiday Treasures drawing.
• Red Cross blood drive, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 24 at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Red Cross blood drives Dec. 26: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 12:30-4:30 p.m. Spring Hill Suites.
• Red Cross blood drive, 10:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Dec. 27, Moose Lodge.
• Free Night at the Museum, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 27, Miracle of American Museum, 36094 Memory Lane, Polson. “Heading Home for the Holidays” filmed in Glacier Park and Browning with Amy Grant and Jimmy Stewart’s “Mr. Krueger’s Christmas” will be shown. Treats and donations welcome. Call Gil, 883-6804 or 270-7895.
• Red Cross blood drive, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 28, Flathead County Health Department.
• Skijoring races, Dec. 29-30, Rebecca Farm, Kalispell.
• Red Cross blood drive, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 31, at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• ‘Rock Around the Clock’ New Year’s Eve dance, 7:30 p.m. to midnight, Dec. 31, Hilton Garden Inn, 1840 U.S. 93 S., Kalispell. ‘50s music by Zino & the Bel Aires. ‘50s costume contest. Games, food. Fundraiser for Gateway Community Center. Tickets $50 per person. Call 752-7266 or online at eventgroove.com
• 25th annual Polar Bear Plunge, Jan. 1, The Raven, Woods Bay, Flathead Lake. Registration begins 10 a.m. Parade begins 1:45 p.m. Plunge 2 p.m.
• Columbia Falls Community Choir begins rehearsing 2-4 p.m. Jan. 6, Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, Columbia Falls. All welcome. Call 730-2396.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Jan. 14.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. Jan. 17, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Feb. 11.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. Feb. 14, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. March 11.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. March 21, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. April 8.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. April 18, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. May 13.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. May 16, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. June 10.