• Red Cross blood drives: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. FVCC; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• ImagineIF Libraries board retreat 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Museum at Central School, Kalispell. Call Connie Behe, 758-5824.
• Flathead Reservation Fish and Wildlife Board meets 10 a.m. Oct. 30, National Bison Range, Moies, Open to public.
• Community Action Partnership of Northwest Montana fundraiser, 4:30-8:30 p.m., Cold Stone Creamery, Kalispell. 15% of proceeds go toward local homelessness prevention efforts.
• Salvation Army Harvest-fest Carnival, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 30, 110 Bountiful Drive, Kalispell. Carnival games, prizes, hot dog snack bar and more. Adults must accompany youth.
Creston School Hiring Committee meets 8:45 a.m.
• Red Cross blood drive, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Glacier Bank, Polson.
• Polson downtown businesses invite trick or treaters from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Natural Grocers nutritionist Erik Buck teaches a free course on diabetes management, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Flathead Food Bank, 1203 U.S. 2 W.,Kalispell. Learn food prep tips and tricks. Snacks provided. All welcome.
• Whitefish Parks and Recreation Department Trick or Treat Trail for ages up to 5, 2 to 4 p.m., Bakke Nature Reserve, 611 W. Seventh St.
• Kalispell Regional Healthcare’s Montana Children’s pediatric facility hosts the Whitefish annual Trick or Treat Street, 3-5 p.m., downtown.
• Lakeside Community Chapel Trunk or Treat 4-6 p.m., church parking lot across Adams Street from the Lakeside Elementary School. Games, hot cocoa. Costumes welcome.
Nurturing Center’s annual free Halloween event,4 to 6 p.m.,146 Third Ave. W., Kalispell.
• Trick or treat 5-7 p.m. Kalispell Center Mall. Costume contest with prizes.
• Marion Fire District board meets 5 p.m., Marion Community Center, 180 Gopher Lane, Marion.
• Flathead County Sheriff’s Posse hosts a community Halloween party, 5-9 p.m., Posse Headquarters, at old Boys and Girls Club skating rink,155 Shady Lane, Evergreen. Haunted House, trick or treating, games, prizes. Parking will be at Kmart, with shuttle buses to event. Free admission.
• Flathead Valley Community College’s Phi Theta Kappa chapter and Interclub Council host Trunk or Treat, 5 to 7 p.m., west-facing parking lot on campus. Free and open to public.
• Libby’s downtown businesses invite trick or treaters from 4 to 6p.m. Central School in Libby hosts Trunk or Treat 5-7 p.m.; Haunted House, 6-6:30 p.m. for under 10 and 6:30-7:30 p.m. for 10 and older.
• Friends of the North Lake County Public Library District annual book sale, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today and Nov. 2, library’s large meeting room, 2 First Ave. E., Polson. Large variety of gently used books in all categories. Fill a bag for $5.
• Glacier Pachyderm Club meets noon to 1 p.m., Sykes, Kalispell. Speaker is Montana GOP Chair Don “K” Kaltschmidt; www.gcpachy.org
• Epworth United Methodist Women’s Annual Holiday Bazaar, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 329 Second Ave. E., Kalispell. Local artisans, toys, hand-knitted items, vendors. Coffee and sweet rolls 9-10:30 a.m. Soup luncheon 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Women of First Presbyterian Church annual fall and holiday bazaar, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., 540 S. Main St., Kalispell. Crafts, homebaked goods, books, holiday and next-to-new items. Homemade soups lunch,11 a.m. to 1 p.m. All proceeds go to local charities. Call 752-7488.
“There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors.” — William Blake, English poet (1757-1827).
• Climate Smart Glacier Country hosts an event examining plastic use and recycling in Northwest Montana, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Arts and Technology Building, FVCC. Activities, booths, brainstorming sessions. Free. Public invited.
• Cecily McNeil presents a slideshow and talk about Father DeSmet, founder of St. Mary’s and St. Ignatius missions in Montana, 1 p.m., Whitefish Community Library. Limited seating.
• Somers Volunteer Fire Department annual Harvest Dinner, 4-8 p.m., Somers Fire Hall, 27, Lesley Ave., Somers. Turkey with all trimmings. Adults $13; children $7; under age 10, free. Call 406-270-1343.
• Flathead Democrats Harvest Dinner, 4:30-9 p.m., Hilton Garden Inn, Kalispell. Speaker is Jorge Quintana, Montana Democratic Party’s National Committeeman on the DNC. For tickets, call Terri at 406-730-2741.
• Ferndale Sewing Circle hosts pie and bingo, 7 p.m., Ferndale Community Center, South Ferndale Drive, across from Montana 209 from Ferndale Fire Hall. Call 837-2722.
• Community night 5 p.m., Wasabi Sushi Bar and Ginger Grill, Whitefish. Portion of sales donated to Whitefish Theatre Co.
• Book tour kick off for Montana Land Reliance’s anthology “A Million Acres: Montana Writers Reflect on Land and Open Space.,” 7 p.m., Frame of Reference Gallery, Whitefish. Public invited.
• Epaga Home Care and Agency on Aging hosting a “Flathead Valley Health Care Staffing Think Tank,” noon to 1:30 p.m., Agency on Aging, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Call Julie, 755-4633.
A LOOK AHEAD
• Friendship Force Flathead Valley meets for breakfast 9 a.m. Nov. 6, Sykes Restaurant, Kalispell. Learn about unique travel experiences and opportunities. Call Priscilla, 756-9332.
• Polson Chamber of Commerce meets noon to 1 p.m. Nov. 6, Red Lion Ridgewater Inn. Speaker is Polson School Superintendent Rex Weltz. Lunch available for $11. Public welcome. Call 883-5969.
• Kalispell Public Schools Personnel Committee meets 3 p.m. Nov. 6, district office basement meeting room.
• Cholesterol screening and education, 7-10 a.m. Nov. 7 (first Thursday of every month) The Summit, Kalispell. Includes triglycerides, glucose, cholesterol, HDL and LDL. Walk-in clinic; no preregistration required. Fast 8-12 hours prior and drink plenty of water. Cost $35; $31.50 for seniors. Call Kathy Prim, 751-4500.
• Glacier Children’s Museum fall social, 6-7:30 p.m. Nov. 6, Firebrand Hotel, downtown Whitefish. Music, food, beverages. All interested welcome.
• Pints with a Purpose, 5 p.m. Nov. 7, Great Northern Brewing Co., Whitefish. $1 of every pint sold donated to Whitefish Band Boosters. Pie auction 5-6:30 p.m.; Name that Tune 6:30 p.m.
• Flathead Food Bank hosts a donor and community “Giving Gratitude” thank-you event, 6-8 p.m. Nov. 7, The Gathering Place, Gateway Community Center, 1203 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Free music, food and drinks. Open to public.
• Bob Marshall Wilderness Foundation’s 13th annual Voices of the Wilderness celebration and fundraiser, 6 p.m., Nov. 7, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake. Keynote speaker is author/historian Frederick Swanson. Music by Moonshine Mountain Band. Auction, raffle. Tickets $25 at www.bmwf.org/events or at door. Space is limited.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 9, Bigfork Community Center; $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 837-4157.
• 100th anniversary Lutefisk Dinner, 2-7 p.m. Nov. 9, Bethany Lutheran Church, 8559 Montana 35, Bigfork. Menu also includes Swedish meatballs, ham, vegetables and Scandinavian cookies. Adults $18; children under 10, $7. Call 837-4387.
• Flathead Marines 2019 Marine Corps Ball and dinner, 4:30 p.m. Nov. 9, Hilton Garden Inn, Kalispell. Music by Comatose Posse. Tickets $45 each due by Nov. 4; www.flatheadsmarines.com
• Braveheart Chaplain Ministry dinner and auction fundraiser, 6 p.m. Nov. 9, Canvas Church, 255 Summit Ridge,Kalispell. Live music. Tickets $60 per person, or $100 for couple; www.braveheartministry.com.
• Rails to Trails of Northwest Montana annual harvest dance and pie auction, 7 p.m. Nov. 9, Smith Valley Grange, U.S. 2 West, Kalispell. Admission one homemade pie or $5. Kids half price. Music by Grin and Bear It String Clan.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 8 a.m. to noon Nov. 11, Troy United Methodist Church; $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 293-0100.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 11, Libby Christian Church; $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 283-7000.
• Swan River School annual Veterans Day Assembly, 8:30-9:30 a.m. Nov. 11, Swan River School gymnasium. Veterans Day dinner, 5-7 p.m. in the school cafeteria. Turkey, potatoes, vegetables, salad, dessert. All veterans and community members welcome.
• Columbia Falls High School annual Veterans Day assembly, 10 a.m. Nov. 11, school gym. Public invited.
• Lakeside Elementary School Veterans Day Program 2 p.m. Nov. 11. All veterans and community members welcome.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Nov. 11.
• Flathead Audubon presents Charles van Rees, naturalist/conservation biologist at Flathead Lake Biological Station on “Saving ‘Alae ‘Ula, Hawaii’s Endangered Swamp Chicken,” 7 p.m. Nov. 11, Gateway Community Center Meeting Room, 1203 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Free. Public invited.
• Flathead Conservation District 310 Stream Permit meeting 7 p.m. Nov 12, 133 Interstate Lane, in Evergreen. Call 752-4220.
• Kalispell Public Schools Personnel Committee meets 3 p.m. Nov. 13, district office basement meeting room.
• Habitat for Humanity of Flathead Valley home dedication, 5:30 p.m. Nov. 13, 11314, 1318 and 1322 Sixth Ave. W., Kalispell. Light appetizers and beverages. Public invited.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Nov. 14, Eureka High School. Call 283-6444.
• International Gift Festival at Mountain View Mennonite Church. 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 14 and 15; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 16. Fair trade gifts and products, international flavors in the village café, children’s activities 3:30-5:30 pm. Documentary, “This is my Story,” 7 pm Thursday; Crown of the Continent Choir performs at 7 p.m. Friday.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 16, The Summit, Kalispell. $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 751-4500.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 8:30-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. Nov. 19, Polson Area Senior Center. Call 883-4735.
• Creston Fire Department offers a first-aid course, 6 p.m. Nov. 19, Creston Fire Station, 4498 Montana 35, Kalispell. $50 donation. Call 250-4655 to reserve a space.
• Lakeside QRU board meets 7 p.m. Nov. 20, Lakeside Community Room. Call Lois Lauman, 253-2841.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at noon Nov. 21, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• Kila Country Church annual Christmas craft and bake sale, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 23, 150 Cottage Lane, Kila. Lunch available 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Flathead Conservation District business meeting 7 p.m. Nov. 25, 133 Interstate Lane, in Evergreen. Call 752-4220.
• Medicare 101 class, 1-3 p.m. Nov. 26, Flathead County South Campus, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Representatives guide through health insurance basics. Cost is $10. Call 758-5730.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Dec. 9.
• Medicare 101 class, 1-3 p.m. Dec. 17, Flathead County South Campus, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Representatives guide through health insurance basics. Cost is $10. Call 758-5730.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at noon Dec. 19, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Jan. 13.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at noon Jan. 23, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Feb. 10.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at noon Feb. 20, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. March 9.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at noon March 19, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. April 13.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at noon April 16, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. May 11.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at noon May 21, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. June. 8
• Whitefish Woody Weekend June 26-28, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake.