• AARP Driver Safety Course, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., The Summit, Kalispell. $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 751-4500.
• International Gift Festival at Mountain View Mennonite Church, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., 795 Mennonite Church Road. Fair trade gifts and products, international flavors in the village cafe, children’s activities 3:30-5:30 p.m. Crown of the Continent Choir performs at 7 p.m. today.
• Bowl for Kids’ Sake, Pick’s Bowling Center, Bigfork. Theme is “Back to the ‘80s.” Put together a team of 4-6 players. Fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flathead County. Go to bbbsfc.org/bfks2019 to register.
• GrooveTrail Gift of Thanks fundraiser concert, 7-9:15 p.m., O’Shaughnessy Center, Whitefish. Proceeds benefit musicians performances at local nursing homes. Tickets $20 for general admission or $25 for reserved cabaret seating; www.groovetrail.org
• Flathead County Republican Women meet noon to 1 p.m., Hampton Inn, Kalispell. Guest speaker is Sen. Al Olszewski. Call Heidi Roedel, 270-5606.
• Red Cross blood drives: 1-6 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 1-6 p.m. Trinity Lutheran Church.
• Dementia and Alzheimer’s Support Group meets 3-4:30 p.m., Buffalo Hill Terrace, 40 Claremont St., Kalispell. Sponsored by Immanuel Lutheran Communities. Call Michael Weidman, 752-9612, ext. 1316.
• Public Transportation Planning meeting, 3:30 p.m., South Campus Building, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Public welcome. Call 758-5728.
• Swan River School board special session 4 p.m.
• Northwest Montana Posse of Westerners presents a program titled, ““Senator Burton K. Wheeler and the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934” by E.B. Eiselein of Kalispell,” Red Lion Hotel Kalispell. Greeting time 5:15 p.m.; dinner 6 p.m. Cost $19 includes presentation. Program 7 p.m., free for posse members and youth under 16; $5 for nondinner walk-in nonmembers. For dinner reservations, call 752-9642.
• Liaison Team meetings between Fish, Wildlife and Parks and landowners for the Haskill and Trumbull Creek conservation easements, 5:30-p.m. Whitefish Room, Whitefish City Hall, 418 E. Second St.
• Bigfork Town Hall, 6-7 p.m., Bigfork High School.
• Fair-Mont-Egan School District board meets 6 p.m.
• Bigfork County Water & Sewer District board meets 6 p.m., Bigfork High School community room Public welcome.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 8:30-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m., Polson Area Senior Center. Call 883-4735.
• Lakeside County Water and Sewer district board meets 2 p.m., district meeting room, 253 Bierney Creek Road.
• Kalispell Public Schools Curriculum and Instruction Committee meets 3 p.m., assistant superintendent’s office.
• Creston Fire Department offers a first-aid course, 6 p.m., Creston Fire Station, 4498 Montana 35, Kalispell. $50 donation. Call 250-4655 to reserve a space.
• Helena Flats School board meets at 7 p.m.
• Flathead County Democratic Party meets 7 p.m., Kalispell VFW Post 2252 meeting room. 330 First Ave. W. Col. Scott Wheeler (Ret.) will speak on international relations. Bring a donation for veterans food pantry. Call Lynne Stanley, 471-8317.
• Flathead County Water and Sewer District-Evergreen board meets 7 a.m., District Office, 130 Nicholson Drive.
“An American who can make money, invoke God, and be no better than his neighbor, has nothing to fear but truth itself.” — Marya Mannes, American critic (1904-1990).
• Columbia Falls Women’s Connection luncheon, 11:30 a.m., North Valley Hospital Community Room, 235 Nucleus Ave., Columbia Falls. Speakers are Angie from Angie’s Greenhouse and Stacy Lujan. Cost $8 per person. Free child care by reservation. Call Candy, 387-4119; or Janet, 892-3621. Affiliated with Stonecroft Ministries.
• Home Options grief presentation and guided talk, noon to 1 p.m., Kalispell Regional Medical Center conference center. Free. Public invited.
• Flathead Valley Parkinson’s Support Group meets 3-4:30 p.m., Gateway Community Center, north conference room, Kalispell. Speaker is Jacklyn McDonald, speech language pathologist from KRMC Outpatient Rehabilitation. All welcome. Call Marjory, 406-250-5577.
• Whitefish Women of the Moose monthly meal, 5-7 p.m., Moose Lodge, 230 W. 10th St. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, vegetable, dessert. For reservations, call Carol by Nov. 18, 260-8493.
• Volunteer/donor appreciation event for Northwest Montana Forest Fire Lookout Association, 5-7 p.m., Kalispell Brewing. All welcome.
• Lakeside QRU board meets 7 p.m., Lakeside Community Room. Call Lois Lauman, 253-2841.
• Artists and Craftsmen of the Flathead meet at 7 p.m. at Flathead Building Association, 309 S. Main St., Kalispell. Election of officers will take place.
• Kalispell Public Schools Policy and Communications Committee meets 8:30 a.m., superintendent’s office. IT Committee meets 8:30 a.m. IT office.
• Red Cross blood drive, 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., The Wave, Whitefish.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 12:30 p.m., Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• Friendship Force Flathead Valley meets at Vista Linda Restaurant, Somers. Social time 5-6 p.m. Business meeting follows. Carole Jorgenson presents a program on her travels to Mongolia and Siberia. Learn about unique travel experiences and opportunities. Call Priscilla, 250-3583.
• Marion Fire District board meets 5 p.m., Marion Community Center, 180 Gopher Lane, Marion.
• Polson Chamber of Commerce Splash, 5-7 p.m., Miracle of America Museum, 36094 Memory Lane, Polson. Open to public. Call 883-5969.
• Canyon Community Thanksgiving Dinner, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Hungry Horse School. Turkey with all trimmings and pumpkin pie. All welcome. Call Flo, 250-3406; or Luann, 261-1083.
Annual Showcase of the Chefs gourmet dinner and auction, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake. Tickets available at Sportsman and Ski Haus, Great Northern Cycle & Ski and the Lodge at Whitefish Lake. Fundraiser for Flathead Valley Ski Education Foundation. Call Tim Hinderman, 406-885-2730.
• Kalispell Public Schools Finance and Operations Committee meets 7:30 a.m., district office basement meeting room.
• Red Cross blood drives: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. U.S. Forest Service; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Smith Valley School annual pie bingo, 6 p.m., Kalispell. Full concessions available.
A LOOK AHEAD
• Kila Country Church annual Christmas craft and bake sale, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 23, 150 Cottage Lane, Kila. Lunch available 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Red Cross blood drives Nov. 25: 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saint John Paul II Church, Bigfork, sponsored by Knights of Columbus; 1-6 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• City of Kalispell Impact Fee Advisory Committee meets 4 p.m. Nov. 25, City Hall Chambers, 201 First Ave. E., Kalispell. Often to public.
• Flathead Conservation District business meeting 7 p.m. Nov. 25, 133 Interstate Lane, in Evergreen. Call 752-4220.
• Red Cross blood drive, noon to 5 p.m. Nov. 26, New Life Church, Polson.
• Medicare 101 class, 1-3 p.m. Nov. 26, Flathead County South Campus, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Representatives guide through health insurance basics. Cost is $10. Call 758-5730.
• West Shore community dinner, 5-6 p.m. Nov. 26, 238 Adams St., Lakeside, across from Lakeside Elementary. Menu features Stageline Pizza. Free. Families welcome.
• Light Up Evergreen tree lighting and pie auction, 5-7 p.m. Nov. 26, The Hardware Store, 2148 U.S. 2 E., Kalispell. Appetizers, beverages. Call 885-1212.
• Kalispell Public Schools district board work session 6 p.m. Nov. 26, Flathead High School Flex Room.
• Red Cross blood drive, noon to 5 p.m. Nov. 27, at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Pocketstone Cafe hosts a free Thanksgiving dinner Nov. 28, 444 Electric Ave., Bigfork. Three seatings available: 11 a.m. 12:15 and 1:30 p.m. Call 837-7223 for reservations.
• Red Cross blood drive, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 29, at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Artists and Craftsmen of the Flathead annual Christmas at the Fairgrounds, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 29 and 30; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 1, Trade Center Building, Flathead County Fairgrounds, Kalispell. Free admission. Door prizes. Food trucks on site.
• Troy 88th annual Chritmas Tree lighting and community event, 4:30-7 p.m. Nov. 30. Kids’ games, Christmas skits in Lincoln Theater. Santa arrives 5:55 p.m. Tree lighting 6 p.m.
• 33rd annual Chocolate Extravaganza, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Dec 3, Red Lion Hotel Kalispell. Tickets on Eventbrite.
• Expressive art therapy gathering to help cope with grief, 4-5 p.m. Dec. 3, Home Options, Kalispell. RSVP to 751-4254.
• Bigfork County Water & Sewer District board meets 6 p.m. Dec. 4, Bigfork Water & Sewer District Office, 108 Harbor Heights Blvd. in Bigfork. Public welcome.
• Evergreen Chamber of Commerce holiday gathering, 5 p.m., Dec. 5, Red Lion Hotel Kalispell. Social hour, silent and live auctions, entertainment. RSVP by Nov. 18 to 885-1212.
• Annual holiday bazaar 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 7, Whitefish Community Center, 121 E. Second St. Jewelry, candles, kids’ clothes, baked goods, knits, photography and more. Free coffee and cookies. Free admission.
• West Shore Holidayfest, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 7, Lakeside Elementary School. Handcrafted gifts, silent auction, basket raffles, local Christmas trees, bake sale, kids only market, Santa photos, Festival of Flavors, live music.
Col. Scott Wheeler (Ret.) will be speaking on International Relations. Trinity Lutheran School annual bazaar, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 7, 485 Fifth Ave. WN, Kalispell. Handmade items, raffles, games.
• NW Montana Veterans Camp Ponderosa informational meeting, 3-5 p.m. Dec. 7, Swan Valley Community Hall, 115 Swan River Road, Bigfork. Veterans, families and all interested welcome. Light refreshments. Call Cinnamon Davis-Hall, community outreach specialist, 756-7304.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Dec. 9.
• Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group Christmas party, 5 p.m. Dec. 9, Bohemian Hall, Whitefish. Survivors, family, friends are welcome. Refreshments. Call Jennifer, 756-4725.
• Medicare 101 class, 1-3 p.m. Dec. 17, Flathead County South Campus, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Representatives guide through health insurance basics. Cost is $10. Call 758-5730.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 12:30 p.m. Dec. 19, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Jan. 13.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 12:30 p.m. Jan. 23, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Feb. 10.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 12:30 p.m. Feb. 20, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. March 9.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 12:30 p.m. March 19, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. April 13.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 12:30 p.m. April 16, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. May 11.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 12:30 p.m. May 21, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. June. 8
• Whitefish Woody Weekend June 26-28, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake.