• Friendship Force of the Flathead socializing breakfast 9 a.m., Sykes, Kalispell. For more information call Priscilla 406-756-9332.
• ImagineIF Libraries Board of Trustees board meeting 9:30 a.m., at 525 Electric Ave, Bigfork. For more information call Connie, 406-758-5824.
• Red Cross blood drives: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Black Mountain Software, blood mobile; 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saint John Paul II Church, Bigfork. Sponsored by Knights of Columbus.
• History Book Club meeting and discussion of “News of the World” by Paulette Jiles, book available through library system, 2 p.m., Museum at Central School. For more information call Diane 406-752-0502.
• Kalispell Public Schools Personnel Committee meeting, 3 p.m., District Office Basement.
• Flathead Marines USMC happy hour 5 to 7 p.m.,Kalispell VFW, 330 First Ave. West. Cash bar. Spouses are welcome. Call 406-249-2448.
• Zen priest Jerry Smyers presents a free Introduction to Zen Meditation class, 6 p.m., YogaHeart Studio, 314 Main St., Polson. All welcome. Call 847-721-0665.
• Kalispell Public Schools Special Education Committee Meeting 8:30 a.m., at the District Office Special Education Office.
• Cholesterol screening and education, 7-10 a.m., The Summit, Kalispell. Includes triglycerides, glucose, cholesterol, HDL and LDL. Walk-in clinic; no preregistration required. Fast 8-12 hours prior and drink plenty of water. Cost $35; $31.50 for seniors. Call Kathy Prim, 751-4500.
• Flathead High School Choir and Choralaires concert, noon, First Presbyterian Church, Kalispell. Free. Public invited.
• Home Options Hospice presentation on grief during the holidays 2-3:30 p.m. Free to the public. Home Options,275 Corporate Drive, Suite 600. For more information and to RSVP call 406-751-4254.
• Anime Club for teens in grades six to 12 meets 4-5:30 p.m., ImagineIF Library, Kalispell. Showing: “Snow White with the Red Hair.”
• Evergreen Chamber of Commerce annual holiday gala, Red Lion Hotel Kalispell. Social hour and silent auction 5 p.m. Dinner 6:30 p.m.
• Red Cross blood drive, noon to 5 p.m. Fuel Fitness, Kalispell; blood mobile.
• Kalispell Public Schools finance and operations Committee Meeting 7 a.m. at District Office Basement Meeting Room.
• Red Cross blood drives, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cold Stone and First Interstate Bank, blood mobile.
• Night of Lights, Columbia Falls. Crafts fair 4 p.m. Parade 6:30 p.m. Santa and live music follows at the Coop.
• Kalispell Holiday Art Walk, 5-9 p.m., downtown. Annual Community Christmas Tree Lighting and caroling at 6 p.m., Depot Park.
• Whitefish Christmas Stroll, 5-9 p.m., Central Avenue. Shopping spree, fire dancers, entertainment, food. Santa arrives 6-6:30 p.m. at O’Shaughnessy Center.
• Flathead Composite Squadron Civil Air Patrol hosts Stuff the Bus, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Shopko, Kalispell. Donate unwrapped Christmas gifts for Salvation Army Angel Tree Program.
• Breakfast with Santa, 9 a.m. to noon, Whitefish Moose Lodge, 230 10th St W. Kids eat free.
• Rotary Club of Columbia Falls annual Brunch with Santa, 9:30 a.m. to noon, Timber Creek Village, 375 Meadow Lake Drive. Cost $10 per adult; children 12 and under free with paid adult. Tickets at door or call Doug, 406-407-2445.
• Woodland Montessori School Foundation’s Breakfast with Santa, 9 a.m. to noon, Flathead County Fairgrounds Expo Building. Tickets $12 at the door, includes breakfast, photo with Santa, and more.
• Purpose Church (formerly Baptist Church) annual bazaar and luncheon, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 305 West Wyoming, Kalispell. Lunch served at 11 a.m. featuring Jagz Creamy Cheddar Chunky Chicken Chowder, roll, dessert, coffee or tea for $8. All proceeds go to local outreach.
• Yellow Bay Community Club’s holiday fair, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Yellow Bay Clubhouse, Montana 35 at mile marker 18. Christmas decor, crafts bake sale. Lunch will be available for $5.
“I’ve never been poor, only broke. Being poor is a frame of mind. Being broke is only a temporary situation.” — Mike Todd, American movie producer (1907-1958).
• South Flathead Modular Railroad group hosts a model train operating session, noon to 3 p.m. Gateway Community Center, 1203 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Use north entrance C. Public welcome.
• Sensory Santa event, 2-5 p.m., Gateway Community Center, 1203 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Quiet celebration of the season with activities and treats for sensitive children. Reserve your family time at mtpluk.org. Call Cindy, 406-407-4392.
• Annual City of the North Parade, 5 p.m., Main Street, Kalispell.
• Ranger “Winter Survivalist” talk, 5-6 p.m., Lone Pine State Park Visitor Center, Kalispell. Cost $6 for 13 and over; free for 12 and under. Register on Eventbrite.
• Valley Voices Community Choir “Celebrate the Season” concert, 7 p.m. Saturday; Glacier High School auditorium; 7 p.m. Sunday, Risen Christ Catholic Church, Kalispell. Free. All invited.
• Valley Voices Community Choir “Celebrate the Season” concert,Glacier High School auditorium; 7 p.m., Risen Christ Catholic Church, Kalispell. Free. All invited.
• Daughters of the American Revolution, Chief Ignace Chapter Christmas meeting and potluck, noon to 3 p.m., home of Carol White, Kalispell. Call 755-6781 for directions. Bring nonperishable food for veterans pantry.
• Red Cross blood drive, 1-6 p.m., at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m.
• Lincoln County CASA for Kids informational meeting, 5:30 p.m., Room 117 of Lincoln County campus of FVCC, 225 Commerce Way, Libby. Learn more about how to become an advocate or a child in foster care. Refreshments.
• Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group trolley ride and holiday dinner, 5:15-8 p.m. Trolley ride $5, dinner $10, per person. RSVP to Jennifer, 756-4725 or 253-3336.
• Annual meetings for Fish, Wildlife and Parks conservation easements: for Trumbull Creek, 4:30-5:30 p.m.; for Haskill Creek, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Whitefish City Council Chambers, 418 E. Second St.
• Montana Land and Water Alliance sponsors a public meeting on People’s Compact/Mending Fences Act, 6 p.m., Sykes Restaurant downstairs. Free. Open to public.
• Flathead Conservation District 310 Stream Permit meeting 7 p.m., 133 Interstate Lane, in Evergreen. Call 752-4220.
• Elke Duerr, author and videographer, presents a short film, book signing and storytelling, 7 p.m., Whitefish Community Library. Public invited. Call 862-9914.
• Kalispell Women’s Connection holiday tea party, 11:30 a.m., meeting room of Victory Baptist Church, 1830 Montana 35. Speaker is Susan Stapley. Cost $8 per person. Call Jan, 857-2467, or Rosainne, 257-8098 for lunch and free child care reservations. Donations for Flathead Food Bank accepted. Affiliated with Stonecroft Ministries.
• Fall student research conference, Arts and Technology Building, FVCC. Posters exhibit 1-2 p.m. Student presentations 2-4 p.m. Free. Open to public. Call Christina Relyea, 756-3946.
• Kalispell Public Schools regular school board meeting 6 p.m., Kalispell Middle School Library and Media Room.
• Smith Valley School board meets 6 p.m.
• Kila School board meets 6 p.m.
• Helena Flats School board meets at 7 p.m.
• Suicide Support Group, Surviving Our Loss after Suicide, (SOLAS) meets 7-8:30 p.m., The Summit, Kalispell. Call Joan, 871-1008.
A look ahead
• Columbia Falls Women’s Connection’s Christmas Tea and program 11:30 a.m. Dec. 12, North Valley Hospital Community Room. Cost is $8 and includes special music and all women are invited to attend. For reservations and more information call Candy 406-387-4119.
• Alzheimer’s Association Montana presents a free educational program titled “Effective Communication Strategies,” noon to 1:30 p.m. Dec. 12, Northridge Lutheran Church, 323 Northridge Drive, Kalispell. RSVPs required. Call 800-272-3900.
• Parkinson’s disease support group annual Christmas party and potluck, noon to 4 p.m. Dec. 12, Village Greens Community Center, 195 Nicklaus Ave., Kalispell. Turkey and ham provided. Bring something to put in bags for the homeless. All welcome. Call Lois, 871-3767.
• Women of the Moose monthly meal, 5-7 p.m. Dec. 12, Whitefish Moose Lodge, 230 W. 10th St. Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, salads, vegetables, dessert. Call Carol, 260-8493.
• Bigfork County Water and Sewer District meets at 7 p.m. Dec. 12, district office, 108 Harbor Heights Blvd.
• Flathead Valley Community Band and New Horizons band present a Christmas Spectacular concert, 7:30 p.m., Dec. 12, Red Lion Hotel Ballroom, Kalispell. Free will donation. Public invited.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11 a.m. Dec. 13, Evergreen board room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• Home Options Hospice presentation on grief during the holidays 5-6:30 p.m. Dec. 13, Kalispell Regional Medical Center in the Paintbrush Room. Free to the public. RSVP to 751-4254.
• Mission Mountain Audubon meets 7 p.m. Dec. 13, Polson City Library meeting room. Program is “Prairie Bandits: The Story of Montana’s Black-footed Ferrets” by John Ashley. Free. All welcome.
• Kalispell Public Schools Board Governance Committee meeting 10:00a.m. Dec. 14, District Superintendents Office.
• Kalispell Vet Center annual Open House, noon to 3 p.m. Dec. 14, 690 N Meridian Rd., Suite 101, Kalispell. Nonperishable food items will be collected and donated to the Northwest Montana Veterans Food Pantry.
Smith Valley Fire District holiday pancake breakfast with Santa, 8-11 a.m. Dec. 16, Smith Valley Fire Station, 3496 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Meet staff and responders. Take tours.
• Plant-Wise Flathead annual Christmas Potluck, 5-7 p.m. Dec. 16. Northridge Lutheran Church, 323 Northridge Drive, Kalispell. Call Diana at 406-253-0498.
• Fair-Mont-Egan School board Policy meeting 1 p.m. Dec. 17; followed by a regular board meeting at 6 p.m.
• Dementia and Alzheimer’s Support Group meets 3-4:30 p.m. Dec. 17, Billiards Room, Buffalo Hill Terrace, 40 Claremont St., Kalispell. Sponsored by Immanuel Lutheran Communities. Call Laura Normandy, 752-9612, ext. 1351.
• Kalispell Public Schools Curriculum and Instruction Committee Meeting 3-4 p.m. Dec. 18, District Office - Assistant Superintendent’s office.
• Dances of Universal Peace, 7-8:30 p.m. Dec. 19, Shining Mountain Center for Spiritual Living, 475 Eighth Ave. EN, Kalispell, Call Red Star, 871-4783 or Carla, 257-2949.
• Kalispell Public Schools Policy and Communications Committee meeting and Information and Technology Committee meeting, both at 8:30 a.m. Dec. 20. Policy and Communications meeting at the District Superintendent’s Office. Information and technology meeting at District IT Office.
• Teen social for grades 6-12, 4-5:30 p.m. Dec. 20, ImagineIF Library, Kalispell. Food, Wii gaming. Craft is using metal stamps to create hardware jewelry. Free.
• Kalispell Public Schools Finance and Operations Committee meeting 7:00a.m., Dec. 21. District Office basement meeting room.
• Parade of Lights, 5:30 p.m. Dec. 21, Main Street, Ronan.
• Free Night at the Museum, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 27, Miracle of American Museum, 36094 Memory Lane, Polson. “Heading Home for the Holidays” filmed in Glacier Park and Browning with Amy Grant and Jimmy Stewart’s “Mr. Krueger’s Christmas” will be shown. Treats and donations welcome. Call Gil, 883-6804 or 270-7895.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Jan. 14.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. Jan. 17, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Feb. 11.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. Feb. 14, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. March 11.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. March 21, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. April 8.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. April 18, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. May 13.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 11:45 a.m. May 16, Gateway Community Center, United Way Conference Room, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. June 10.