Daily Inter Lake Daybook
FRIDAY, June 25
• Red Cross blood drives: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Homewood Suites, sponsored by First Interstate Bank.
• Bigfork Piecemakers Quilt Show 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 26, Bigfork Elementary School, 600 Commerce St. Vendors and boutique, raffle. Free admission.
• Artists and Craftsmen of the Flathead 40th annual Summer arts and crafts show, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and Saturday; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Flathead County Fairgrounds Trade Center Building. Free admission. Food trucks.
• Glacier Pachyderm Club meets noon to 1 p.m., Red Lion Hotel Kalispell. Bill Whitsitt, chairman of the USS Montana Committee, will discuss America’s newly launched fast attack submarine; www.gcpachy.org
• Whitefish Woody Weekend today through Sunday, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake boat dock. Cruise parade this evening. Classic wooden boats on display 9 a.m. to 6 p.m Saturday. Public invited. Poker run Sunday.
SATURDAY, June 26
• Big Arm Association community yard sale on Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., historic Big Arm School. Donations accepted; call Jeff of Nancy Foster, 849-5064. Rent a space for $10 donation. Bring your own table.
• Whitefish Woody Weekend today and Sunday, The Lodge at Whitoday. Public invited. Poker run Sunday.
• Whitefish Woody Weekend today and Sunday, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake boat dock. Cruise parade this evening. Classic wooden boats on display 9 a.m. to 6 p.m today. Public invited. Poker run Sunday.
• Bigfork Piecemakers Quilt Show,10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Bigfork Elementary School, 600 Commerce St. Vendors and boutique, raffle. Free admission.
• North Valley Food Bank open house, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 251 Flathead Ave., Whitefish. Tours, updates. All welcome.
• Artists and Craftsmen of the Flathead 40th annual Summer arts and crafts show, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Flathead County Fairgrounds Trade Center Building. Free admission. Food trucks.
“Comfortable in Kalispell” special event, 1 to 4 p.m. Stroll through the stores, breweries and restaurants and enjoy music on the sidewalks. Kids activities at Nature Baby. Dedication of new bike rack, 3 p.m., MontaVino Winery.
SUNDAY, June 27
• West Glacier Fun Run fundraiser for Scott Dunnigan, 10 a.m., West Glacier. Register at runsignup.com by June 24.
• Artists and Craftsmen of the Flathead 40th annual Summer arts and crafts show, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Flathead County Fairgrounds Trade Center Building. Free admission. Food trucks.
MONDAY, June 28
• Red Cross blood drive, 1-6 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Swan River School board special meeting 5 p.m.
• Flathead Conservation District business meeting, 7 p.m. via Zoom. Call 752-4220.
TUESDAY, June 29
• Red Cross blood drives: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Polson Red Lion Inn.
• Fish, Wildlife and Parks staff provide archer demonstrations and skills training followed by shooting opportunities, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and 2:30-4:30 p.m., Lone Pine State Park, Kalispell. Space limited. Call 406-755-2706 ext. 0 to register.
• Lakeside-Somers Chamber of Commerce BASH, 4-5 p.m. hosted by West Lakeshore Library at Volunteer Park. Free for chamber members; $5 nonmembers.
• Kila School board meets 6 p.m. June 29.
• Red Cross blood drives: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell, sponsored by Flathead Health; 11 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. St. Joseph Medical Center.
A LOOK AHEAD
• Marion Freedom Day hosted by Marion Fire District and Marion Fire Auxiliary, 11 a.m. July 3, Marion Fire Department. Parade on Gopher Lane, games, food, live music.
• 10th annual Grateful Nation Montana Freedom Run/Walk, 9 a.m. July 4, Lake Baked, Bigfork. Arrive 8 a.m.; runsignup.com/race/mt/bigfork
• Kruise Kalispell’s Fourth of July parade, noon, July 4, starting at Kalispell Center Mall and heading south on Main Street. Donations of non-perishable food for Northwest Montana Veterans Food Pantry accepted in front of Starbucks.
• Evergreen Disposal will not change its service schedule for its customers July 4. Customers can expect their containers to be serviced on their normal service day.
• Kalispell Public Schools Finance Committee meets 7:30 a.m. July 9, district office basement.
• Lakeside Community Club 32nd annual Fair, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., July 10, Lakeside Elementary school gym. Breakfast 7 to 10 a.m. at The Gathering Place; yard and collectibles sale; duck races 4 p.m. Tamarack Brewery. Early bird shopping 7-9 p.m. July 8; go to lakesidecommunityclub.com at 6:45 p.m. to purchase ticket.
• Flathead Food Bank reopens for customers to come in to shop for food beginning July 12. Hours are Monday - Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., and Thursday, 1 to 5:45 p.m. Call 406-752-3663.
• Kalispell Public Schools district board meets 6 p.m. July 13, Flathead High School Flex Room.
• ImagineIF Libraries Stories and Starlight fundraiser, 8-11 p.m. July 17, Herron Park, Kalispell. Music, treats, drinks, and hands-on family activities. Tickets $50; www.imagineiflibraryfoundation.org, call 406-314-4082, or buy them at your local library.
• Kalispell Women’s Connection buffet lunch, 11:30 a.m., 1830 Montana 35. Cost $10 per person. Speakers are Charles Pesola of Flathead County Sheriff’s K9 unit and Dian Norby of Missoula. Call Jan, 212-3763, or Connie, 752-5395, five days in advance for lunch and 1 week ahead for free child care reservations. Affiliated with Stonecroft Ministries.
• Carol Buchanan will tell the story of Montana's early history at 2:30 p.m. July 28, Kalispell Senior Center, 40 11th St. W., Suite 110. Free and open to the public.
• The Event at Rebecca Farm world-class equestrian triathlon, July 21-25.
• Sixth annual Flathead Lake Run, 9 a.m. July 31, Volunteer Park. Check-in 8 a.m. 10K, 5K, kids’ 1-mile run. Portion of proceeds benefits Flathead Lakers; https://lakesidesomerschamber.org/
• Fee Free Day, Aug. 4, Glacier Park. Entrance fee waived for anniversary of Great American Outdoors Act.
• Whitefish Community Foundation’s Great Fish Launch Party, 5:30 p.m. Aug. 5, Glacier Bank, Whitefish.
• Kalispell Public Schools Special Services Committee meets 8:30 a.m. Aug. 26.
• Kalispell Public Schools Finance Committee meets 7:30 a.m. Aug. 20, district office basement.
• Kalispell Public Schools district board work session 6 p.m. Aug. 24, Flathead High School Flex Room.
• Great Fish Fun Run and cCommunity celebration, Sept. 11, Depot Park, Whitefish. 5K, 1-mile fun runs, tot trot, live music.
• Flathead Quilters’ Guild 2021 Garden Party quilt show, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 17; 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 18, Flathead County Fairgrounds, Kalispell. Raffles, vendors, demonstrations, boutique. Portion of proceeds benefit Hear Locker.
• Fee Free Day, Sept. 25, Glacier Park. Entrance fee waived for National Public Lands Day.
• Fee Free Day, Nov. 11, Glacier Park. Entrance fee waived for Veterans Day.