Thursday, January 21, 2021

Rowdy scene unfolds in Kalispell

| July 29, 2020 1:00 AM

Kalispell Police Department responded to a report of a “bunch of girls causing problems,” someone walking by and saying “shut the (expletive) up,” and a man with a knife being chased by two other men. Officers made contact with a large group of people at Third Avenue West and Second Street West and a man was taken to jail.

A woman driving a white SUV allegedly got out at a stoplight, walked over to another vehicle and started punching the passenger.

A man was throwing drinks at a wall and arguing with a woman about her “not doing laundry.”

A curmudgeon complained about four teens playing basketball were purportedly being loud and obnoxious.

Rocks being hauled by a dump truck on West Springcreek Road and U.S. 2 West reportedly fell out and broke through the windshield of a vehicle following it.

A man wearing all black and riding a bicycle allegedly had a bunch of copper pipes, which made someone suspicious they might be stolen. Officers made contact with the man, who had a trailer hitch and “copper pipes he was messing with.” The man claimed he found the copper pipes and was going to sell them for scrap. There was also supposedly a stash of copper, radiator and pipes, at another location.

A 7-year-old and 11-year-old were reportedly hanging around railroad tracks for more than four hours and told someone who called police that they didn’t have a home. The person then talked to a woman, who allegedly left them to go into a grocery store, and they began arguing. Police spoke to the woman who claimed she was watching the children while their parents found a place to park their camper.

Someone called 911 to report a complaint about a store not enforcing the mask directive. They were referred to a website.

Someone reported a homeless man supposedly coughing and sleeping in some bushes.

Employees were scared after receiving a strange phone call that came in on a private number where someone claiming to be a deputy asked about hours, employees and closing schedules. The phone call was allegedly followed by a man walking in the business with his hands behind his back, which made employees uncomfortable.

A man wearing a trench coat, who allegedly chased and yelled at an employee while she was out walking the previous day, was back and lying on a bench. The caller and employee wanted officers to counsel him about his behavior.