Young musicians chosen for state music festival
Daily Inter Lake | September 24, 2021 12:00 AM
Students from Columbia Falls, Flathead, Glacier and Whitefish were selected to perform with other top student musicians from around the state.
The All-State Band, Chorus and Orchestra Festival returns in October after being canceled last year due to Covid-19. The gala concerts will take place during the Montana Music Educators Association Conference in Great Falls on Oct. 20-22.
To be considered, students submitted auditions.
“These students put in many hours to prepare for this audition, on top of years of study pursuing excellence with their instruments,” Whitefish High School Band Director Matthew King said.
King and Glacier High School Band Director David Barr said being chosen is an honor.
“This is one of the highest honors for a Montana high school musician,” Barr said.
Following is a list of local students selected for either All-State band, chorus, or orchestra:
Columbia Falls High School
• Band: Griffin Conger, flute.
• Choir: Zoey Byrd, alto 1; Quinn Clark, bass 1; and Zerita McAtee, alto 2.
• Orchestra: Sean Burgess, trombone
Flathead High School
• Choir: Petyon Bicha, tenor 1; Kali Billedeaux, alternate soprano 2; Lander Busse, tenor 2; Wylie Emery, soprano 2; Rylee Houser, soprano 2; Michael Manning, bass 1; Caden Masa, bass 1; Kennedy Postovit, soprano 1; and Kailey Stevens, alto 2.
• Orchestra: Dyson Linden, French horn; Melanie Felsch, violin; and Luca Zoeller, bass.
Glacier High School
• Band: Alexandra Houseworth, trumpet and Quinn Thomas, horn.
• Choir: Ethan Anderson, bass 1; Kerraline Bemis, alto 2; Alli Buls, alto 2; Kaid Buls, bass 1; Abigail Garza, soprano 2; Ruby Guy, alto 1; Kaelin Holt, alto 1; Derek Smith, tenor 2; and Alexa Wilton, alto 1.
• Orchestra: Carson Keim, violin and Ryan Webster, clarinet.
Whitefish High School
• Band: Niko Hunter, percussion and Dashiell Schindler, trombone.
• Choir: Gabby Pickert, soprano 2 and Lauren Solem, soprano 2.
• Orchestra: Bowdrie Krack, bass.
Reporter Hilary Matheson may be reached at 758-4431 or email email@example.com.