North Valley Music School offers fall music programs
North Valley Music School starts Program Year 2022-2023 with a fall schedule full of diverse and inclusive music programs and invites the community to enroll. The nonprofit music school matches high-quality instruction from experienced musicians with students of ages, backgrounds and skill levels. Scholarships are available.
A multitude of options for musical instruction is offered, including:
• Music Together — Early childhood group experience for ages 0-5 with caregiver
• Glee Club — Free Children’s Choir for ages 7-12
• Music Tech Camp — Digital music creation for fifth-eighth graders
• Bucket Drumming — Fun percussion sessions for fourth-eighth graders
• Bluegrass Fiddle and Acoustic Jams — Free jams on Tuesdays and Wednesdays nights
• Learn to Play Guitar and Ukulele classes — Group classes for veterans and adults
• Plus, private instruction in piano, violin, viola, cello, bass, percussion, voice, guitar (acoustic and electric), mandolin, banjo, fiddle, harp, saxophone and more. Beginning Suzuki Instruction is also available in piano.
“Ultimately, we want to make music part of people’s everyday lives,” said Jessica Shaw, NVMS Director of Opportunity. “Whether you prefer in-person or virtual lessons, group learning or individual instruction, NVMS has a place for you.”
Registration tools and more details about class times and fees can be found at northvalleymusicschool.org or by calling 406-862-8074. Scholarships are made possible through donations and gifts made in the Great Fish Community Challenge hosted by Whitefish Community Foundation, happening now through Sept. 14.