ImagineIF Libraries adds new services
ImagineIF Libraries is unveiling several new solutions designed to meet the community’s needs for free access to information and to keep people connected. Customers can begin enjoying the following services at all ImagineIF locations.
• Personal Shopper Service — Not sure what books, films, or comics to check out next? Library customers can fill out a quick questionnaire at imagineiflibraries.org/shopper, or call their library location of choice. Staff will employ their expertise to find books, films and more to match the customer’s interests. After choosing several items for the customer, staff will reserve them for pickup. Requests received before 1 p.m. will be ready to pickup after 3 p.m. Requests received after 1 p.m. will be ready the following open day after 3 p.m. Items will be held for seven days. Customers can either drop by the library to pick up their items or give ImagineIF a call for Curbside Pickup. Find out more at imagineiflibraries.org/shopper.
• Device Lending — Another new service is called Tech Connect. Customers can check out a Wi-fi Hotspot to connect to the internet wherever there is cellular service. An ImagineIF library card is needed to check out a device and there is a 14-day lending period, with no renewals. Customers must sign a user agreement before checking out a device and customers under 18 must have their parent or guardian sign the agreement. Laptops and tablets will be available to check out soon. For more information visit imagineiflibraries.org/tech-connect/.
• Curbside Pickup — After placing a hold on materials online at imagineiflibraries.org, customers can call their local ImagineIF to arrange for holds pick up at all locations. Find out more at: imagineiflibraries.org/curbside.
• Computer Use Sessions — ImagineIF will continue to offer computer use sessions at each location. Customers can have one 30-minute session once a day with free access to the internet and free printing services. Find out more at https://imagineiflibraries.org/updates/
• Virtual Branch — ImagineIF’s virtual branch will remain open. Unique virtual programs on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram, such as Early Literacy Classes and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities will continue. Find out more at https://imagineiflibraries.org/.